Criteria for Establishing New Exchange Partner
- Verify school/location does not already exist. Check the Exchange Partner list
- Is this a school we should consider being affiliated with? Consider the reputation of the school and the rankings of their engineering departments/
- How many partners do we currently have in the same country, region, city? Do we need another?
- Consider current faculty involvement with school. Is there any existing formal relationship/agreement?
- What is the potential interest of UIUC students? Are courses taught in English?
- Will program be open to all engineering areas/departments?
- Does the program benefit UIUC College of Engineering and our students?
Process to Establish a New Exchange Partner
- Submit proposal that includes the above information to the Director of International Programs in Engineering.
- Director will consider proposal and follow-up with a questionnaire requesting specific details about the proposed partner university.
- If proposal is accepted, the Director will initiate the process to establish an exchange agreement. Faculty will be consulted during agreement negotiations.
- Once agreement is final, IPENG will create a program application.