Are you considering building an international career in engineering? Possibly working at locations around the world? Or potentially representing American countries in global partnerships? Crafting your educational experience to focus on international engineering is something to consider. At Illinois, you can do that in a formalized way–with a minor.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign College of Engineering is the first U.S. institution to offer an International Minor in engineering as part of the regular degree program.
With an International Minor in Engineering, you will:
- Increase your global awareness and broaden your engineering education
- Concentrate coursework in the social sciences and humanities on a particular country or geographical region.
- Combine coursework with work or study overseas
- Gain a level of expertise in a particular geographical area
- Receive academic certification for your knowledge
Coursework taken for the International Minor may also fulfill campus gen-ed requirements and may also be taken abroad.
Areas of Concentration
Click on a region or country to see the University of Illinois courses that have been pre-approved for the International Minor in Engineering. Courses not included in these lists, either University of Illinois courses or courses taken abroad, must be approved by IPENG to count towards the International Minor.
Subject to approval, you can also earn a minor in a region not listed below.